Wednesday 22 May 2024

Sometimes there's an easy solution!



Recently I was walking Daisy in the local woods when I encountered a friend out walking their own dogs. I noticed that they did not look comfortable, and it emerged that they had back pain. Their plan was to do some stretching, but I noticed how tense their posture was and we had a brief discussion about how the body naturally goes into a protective spasm when in pain, but sometimes it is too great a reaction or it carries on too long and so it helps to relax and explore how the body is actually feeling. I gave some relaxation tips to help with this, and we went on our ways.

A short while later I got a text - my tips had worked! Sometimes all that is needed is to let go of the tension and relax. Of course it isn't always this easy, but it's always worth considering.

No comments:

Post a Comment