Wednesday 30 December 2020

Nearing the end of 2020...

 


Here we are, nearly at the end of 2020 - a year which has been so different to what we expected this time last year. I hope you and your family and friends are well, and that 2021 what will be an easier, kinder year.

I was reading an article by Joanne Elphinston earlier today where she discussed the words resonating with her: resilience but also adaptability, tempered by kindness and patience for ourselves as well as others. There will have been times where we had to weather the storm the best we could and other times when we had the energy to take a breath and look around us for how we can adapt to this unfamiliar situation we find ourselves in. This chronic state of affairs is stressful and exhausting even as it becomes familiar, and so we should be patient and kind with ourselves as well as others - but also recognise that there will be days where it's hard for us or those around us to be patient or kind. 

At present the 919 Clinic is closed for the Christmas holiday; I hope to reopen on Tuesday 5th January but if we move into Tier 4 in Sheffield I will have to remain closed until further notice. Those of you who have been in for recent treatments will have experienced my new couch cover, made from medical grade, phthalate-free fabric that I can clean after each treatment. I think it looks very smart and it has reduced my washing load whilst maintaining hygiene standards.



As we approach New Year's Eve I wish you all the best for the future; take care, hope to see you in 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment