Friday 18 May 2012

early summer....

...or at least that is what the calender and the long daylight hours are telling me! The gloom is more like March, as are the temperatures as once again we light our woodburning stove to take the chill off the house. All my seedlings that I was so careful to start off as early as possible have been keeping their heads low and refusing to grow any higher until temperatures improve!
Out in the woods it is a different story as nature awakes and runs rampant; the bluebells were early but have lingered as has the wild garlic. For a while I was coming back with garlicky leaves every day after the afternoon dog walk, for both our dinner and the dog's. There are wood anemomes, lesser celandine and wood sorrel but in these dull days they are rarely fully opening their petals. Last week I spotted cuckoo flowers in a meadow by Porter brook and this week I saw my first hawthorn and elder blossom of the year. The garlic mustard and fool's parsley are lining the paths with a froth of green and white. The beech leaves have reappeared, tiny at first but now shading the wood in green. The brown earth is coated once again in verdant growth.

On a professional note, the Clinic website has now been updated to include my new prices for 60, 45 and 30 minute treatments (including consultation time).

No comments:

Post a Comment