Monday 21 May 2018

GDPR: your privacy and the right to be informed.

The law is changing from the 25th May 2018 and in response I have updated the information on my website and will be adding a section to my consultation sheet.

These are the key points:

All your information is confidential and kept securely. All my records are paper ones and are not stored on a computer. The information that we collect is used to ensure that you have a safe and effective treatment.

I will not share your information with anyone else except at your request, for instance if you have decided to see a physiotherapist and wish me to brief them on the treatment you have received from me. I will not share your contact details with anyone else.

I will not contact you without your permission. If I do contact you after receiving your permission it will be with regard to your appointment booking, for instance if we need to change or confirm the time, or to give you information that you have requested such as exercises or contact details for other practitioners or organisations.

You have the right to request to view and alter your information.

I have a responsibility to keep your information for seven years after your last treatment. After that it will either be destroyed or archived.


No comments:

Post a Comment