Thursday 29 March 2018

Training within the context of your life and well being

It has been a while since my last post but here is a link on the same theme: allowing for the effect of work, stress, illness, lack of sleep etc etc when training. People often download a training schedule then place themselves under pressure to keep to it rigidly despite the nagging hip or Achilles pain that keeps getting that little bit worse, or feeling absolutely exhausted. This has been the subject of a number of blogs fromThe Running Physio  website together with helpful strategies to give you the best chance of successfully training and avoiding injury. Here is a link to one of their recent blogs which also contains some further useful links and references:

http://www.running-physio.com/athlete-monitoring/

I am still affected by what seems to have been a meniscus tear in my knee but I have found a great yoga class, Scaravelli yoga with Inkeri at the Movement Studio on Abbey Lane, Woodseats S8. This yoga focuses a great deal on proprioception and efficient, connected movement which helps with the sensory feedback that my knee injury otherwise compromises. It is also profoundly relaxing and enjoyable! I am also doing a Clinical Pilates class with Sally Smith at the same venue and this together with the yoga resolved my steadily increasing hip pain within a month and it has not returned since. So glad I found these two classes!


No comments:

Post a Comment